Black Turtle Dove Music is the brainchild of multi award-winning composers Cynthia Knight and Roberto Philipp. Their vast musical umbrella covers record production (both major and indie artists), film scoring, music for television and jingle writing from their state-of-the-art studio located in Toronto, Canada. They are also music instructors that teach voice, piano and guitar with special emphasis placed on performance skills and artist development. Another facet of Black Turtle Dove Music is the catalogue of original songs (in every genre) available for artists, publishers and producers who are seeking new material for their next project. In 2007 the film, Mulberry Street www.mulberrystreetmovie.com featured two songs from Roberto Philipp. "Just The Same" and "The Fast Train". In 2009, The episode, "Leap Of Faith" from the T.V. program, Ghost Whisperer also featured Roberto's track "Just The Same". Black Turtle Dove also scored the film, Saturday for Facillitator Films in 2009.
Black Turtle Dove Music also offers albums and singles from our artists available for digital download. Buy Albums Buy Singles
* Mikey Power, These Are The Days (The long-awaited second release from this award-winning reggae artist)
* Mikey Power, Let It Sing ( His debut that won best "worldbeat" album in 2004)
* Roberto Philipp, Devil's Road ( Roberto's re-titled successful 1995 debut )
* Roberto Philipp, Blood ( Roberto's previously unreleased 1995 album )
* Roberto Philipp, Cold Cases ( Roberto's previously unreleased 1997 album )
* Cynthia Knight (Cynthia's successful 2007 debut album)
* Hello Mr. Rainbow (A compilation of up and coming Canadian artists that study with Black Turtle Dove)
* Black Turtle Dove, Saturday (original soundtrack for the film by Alan Powell)
* Previously unreleased and new singles by Black Turtle Dove, Mikey Power, Roberto Philipp, Julia Carlucci and many more! Buy Singles
"...If these prolific songwriters/producers continue on their golden path, they will surely become an indie empire. Black Turtle Dove is what the world has been waiting for..."
Norman Glynn, The London Underground (U.K.), February, 2009.
"...Black Turtle Dove is obviously in full flight with soaring melodies and provocative lyrics. Their connection as two human beings brought them together. Their music made them become one. That's what it's all about..." Joakim Hagstedt, Songwaves (Sweden), April, 2009.
"...La musica dell gruppo, Black Turtle Dove viene dal cuore..." Enrico Pirani, Musica Del Mondo (Italy), January, 2010.
"...It didn't surprise me at all that Black Turtle Dove won the Effigy award for Best Easy-Listening Group in Spain. Living in Spain as a freelance music critic that was born and raised in England , I became completely inspired by this wonderful culture. They are extremely passionate people. My only surprise was to discover that Black Turtle Dove reside in Canada. They have truly made their music an international language..." Harold Prine, Sol Magazine (Spain). March, 2010.
February 10, 2010
Mr. Roberto Philipp and Ms. Cynthia Knight
Black Turtle Dove
Dear Mr. Philipp and Ms. Knight:
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on receiving the Best Easy Listening Act and Best Easy Listening Song awards at the Fame Games Effigy Awards in Spain.
This is a wonderful and most deserving honour and I am sure that your family and friends are very proud of your achievements. You have helped to bring recognition to our city and have given all the citizens of Mississauga another reason to be proud.
Once again, congratulations and please accept my sincere best wishes for the future.
HAZEL McCALLION, C.M.
You are visitor number: 10588